Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/21 07:38:38 UTC

Hey Guys,

I wanted to load-start my OSGI service bundles in a specific order Is it
possible in 4.2?

Problem:

I have created a shared library and some other services that are depending
on shared library or on other service bundles. Hence while restarting
servicemix I want it to load-start the service in a specific sequence of
order.

Note: My services also depend on each other.

I have had similar problems in 3.4 which we weren't able to solve but I
think we can solve this through OSGI in 4.2. I guess importing the packages
would do the trick.

Would like to know is this the right way or is there any other way to
load-start my bundles in a specific order.

Re: Loading OSGI service bundles in a required sequence.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Usually in OSGi, startup dependencies issues are handled through OSGi
services, where the bundle puts itself in a waiting state until the
dependent services are available.   This can be done quite easily
using a high level OSGi tool like blueprint, spring-dm, ipojo ...

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 07:38, Aditya <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I wanted to load-start my OSGI service bundles in a specific order Is it
> possible in 4.2?
>
> Problem:
>
> I have created a shared library and some other services that are depending
> on shared library or on other service bundles. Hence while restarting
> servicemix I want it to load-start the service in a specific sequence of
> order.
>
> Note: My services also depend on each other.
>
> I have had similar problems in 3.4 which we weren't able to solve but I
> think we can solve this through OSGI in 4.2. I guess importing the packages
> would do the trick.
>
> Would like to know is this the right way or is there any other way to
> load-start my bundles in a specific order.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
Open Source SOA