Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by "eberhard speer jr." <se...@ducis.net> on 2013/08/09 10:29:01 UTC

Activity

Re: Activity

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Eberhard/Bertrand/all,

I haven't followed that in detail (sorry, but I also have to help
especially Apache getting its act together with JSR-362, the Java Portlet
3.0 API where there's been a discrepancy between the "Apache Way" of how it
was developed and how people then ended up using the Portlet-API[?])
although especially to the Portlet EG I spoke about DeviceMap and possible
synergies.

You should be able to see who committed that, and if people involved in
OpenDDR commit code here (I didn't activate my user, so I don't commit to
the repository yet, but others like Stefano have an @apache.org mail ID by
now, so they should have commit rights, too)

How about dual-licensing stuff, I know we keep talking about that day in
and out at JCP.org (EC, JCP.next WGs) and some JSRs especially those going
into Java EE 7 practice that quite often.

So if an original author and committer has the IP right to contribute
something (I'm not talking about a R/O user of GitHub who would copy it
from OpenDDR and then funnel it over into the DeviceMap repository) to
both, why would you have to remove that?

That'll kill the whole progress here and it's not like we're boasting with
activity or public recognition anyway[?]

Werner

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Re: Activity

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.