Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Aswarth <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/02 18:26:30 UTC

Reg Problem while configuring HRegionServers

Hi
   I'm trying to run HBase in distributed mode. I am facing a problem while
connecting to HRegionservers listed in the conf/regionservers file.

  After executing the command bin/start-hbase.sh

   localhost.localdomain: starting zookeeper, logging to
/home/abhilash/study/sem7/
Cloud-Computing/proj/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-abhilash-zookeeper-
localhost.localdomain.out
   starting master, logging to
/home/abhilash/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-abhilash-master-localhost.localdomain.out
   10.2.8.134: starting regionserver, logging to
/home/abhilash/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-abhilash-regionserver-localhost.localdomain.out
   abhilash_d@192.168.36.158: bash: line 0: cd: /home/abhilash/hbase/bin/..:
No such file or directory
   abhilash_d@192.168.36.158: bash:
/home/abhilash/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: No such file or directory

In the above it was trying to connect to the server 192.168.36.158 but it is
giving the an error that no such file exists.
HBASE_HOME is /home/abhilash/hbase

I wasnot able to understand what the problem is?
Help me with this.

Regards
Aswarth

Re: Reg Problem while configuring HRegionServers

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Aswarth <as...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No it was not intentional. I am new to HBase. I tried to connect the
> systems
> in the same network 10.2.8 and got the same error, I wasnot able to figure
> out the problem.
>
> Could you explain me briefly how to connect the systems and what are the
> requirements(sshing etc)?
>
> Please specify configuration of  hbase-site.xml in slave nodes.
>
> Well, hbase doesn't ship w/ any IPs buried in it.  Its picking them up from
your system configuration.  That its finding 192.168 addresses when you
expect hbase to be running on a 10.2.8 network would seem to point at
network configuration on your hosts; its off.  See if you can fix that
first.

As to ssh requirements, you need to be able to do passwordless ssh'ing to
all cluster members.  Check the hbase 'getting started' requirements.  In
the getting started, it has suggested hbase-site.xml configurations also for
doing standalone, pseudo-distributed, and distributed also.  If any of our
doc. is unclear, please help us out by fingering the offending sections and
if possible, suggest an improvement.

Thank you,
St.Ack

Posted by Aswarth <as...@gmail.com>.