Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vinod Kashyap <of...@palinfocom.net> on 2007/09/13 09:13:45 UTC

Derby- Oracle Problem

I have converted the ofbiz database to the Oracle.

when i Run "ant run" command it creates the database.
and in order to load the demo data i have to write-"ant run-install".
At this point of time i get an error message that "the Object is already
created".

What to do to solve this problem.

Is there any other command like- "ant run-reinstall" or like to reload the
data into tables..??

Re: Derby- Oracle Problem

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
I've just tried to upgrade the Derby jar to the latest release,
everything works as expected but now I'm getting a similar error at startup:

2007-09-14 15:29:28,593 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:988:INFO ]
Getting Column Info From Database

2007-09-14 15:29:29,984 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:1140:ERROR]
Error getting column meta data for Error was:java.sql.SQLException:
Table name can not be null. Not checking columns.

2007-09-14 15:29:29,984 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:299:ERROR]
WARNING: Column [ACCTG_TRANS_ID] of table [OFBIZ.ACCTG_TRANS] of entity
[AcctgTrans] IS NOT a primary key in the database, but IS a primary key
in the entity definition. The primary key for this table needs to be
re-created or modified to add this column to the primary key. Note that
data may need to be added first as a primary key column cannot have an
null values.

etc. etc...

Maybe it's time to see if we can support both meta data retrieval methods...

Jacopo

Re: Derby- Oracle Problem

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Derby- Oracle Problem

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Vinod Kashyap wrote:

> I have converted the ofbiz database to the Oracle.
>
> when i Run "ant run" command it creates the database.
> and in order to load the demo data i have to write-"ant run-install".
> At this point of time i get an error message that "the Object is already
> created".
>
> What to do to solve this problem.
>
> Is there any other command like- "ant run-reinstall" or like to reload the
> data into tables..??

Actually everytime you run "ant run-intall" it pushes the demo data into your
database.

Does the error look fatal or does it look like a warning message? Not that many
people AFAIK are runing Oracle, so you may be seeing a status message that is
perhaps more worrysome than it really is.