Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/07 04:05:48 UTC

hudson failure

Ideas?

clover:

common.compile-core:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-trunk/trunk/build/classes/java
    [javac] Compiling 353 source files to /export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-trunk/trunk/build/classes/java
   [clover] Clover Version 1.3.13, built on September 04 2006
   [clover] loaded from: /export/home/hudson/tools/clover/latest/lib/clover.jar
   [clover] Open Source License registered to the Apache Software Foundation. This license of Clover is provided to support projects of the Apache Software Foundation only.
   [clover]
   [clover] Processing files at 1.4 source level.
   [clover] No coverage database '/export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-trunk/trunk/build/test/clover/db/lucene_coverage.db' found. Creating a fresh one.
   [clover] Clover all over. Instrumented 353 files.
    [javac] /var/tmp/clover13937.tmp/src13938.tmp/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ASCIIFoldingFilter.java:98: code too large

Re: hudson failure

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Thanks. I gave excluding the class a shot. Clover is a code coverage analysis
: tool. http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/clover/

A random idea that occured to me as a result of this thread...

Given the density of the source code, and the size of the resulting byte
code, it's not too suprising that instrumentation makes pushed hte class
file over the limit.

it might be prudent to break the source up into multiple classes (one
per Unicode block perhaps?) as a way to improve readablity (and to allow
for instrumentation)

It could even allow for specialized TokenFilters: if you know for certain
your source text only contains chars from the "Latin Extended-*" blocks you could
write a short 4 line TokenFilter that leveraged only the code dealing with
those blocks (instead of the full ASCIIFoldingFilter).

...just tossing it out there as a suggestion if someone with a similar
usecase wants to scratch the itch.

-Hoss

Re: hudson failure

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I gave excluding the class a shot. Clover is a code coverage
analysis tool.
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/clover/

- mark

Re: hudson failure