Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/12/02 08:44:05 UTC

Re: AxKit porting troubles (continued)

Yuriy Syrota wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Yuriy Syrota wrote:
>>
>>>Hello, folks.
>>>
>>>I performed additional investigation and now can ask the
>>
>>question more
>>
>>>accurately.
>>>
>>>Well, let's start from the beginning. I'm porting AxKit
>>>to apache2. AxKit is a mod_perl module which registers
>>>itself in apache as a regular module written in C with
>>>own configuration directives (there is some C code in
>>>the AxKit which do it when mod_perl are loading AxKit).
>>>
>>>In Apache2 this approach doesn't work because PerlModule directive
>>>does nothing at the httpd.conf parsing phase. And
>>
>>if I guess correctly, your current problem is that Apache doesn't
>>recognize the extended configuration directives, because PerlModule
>>doesn't run the code that installs these directives, right
>>away. Is that
>>correct?
>>
>>Would <Perl> sections / startup file help?
>

> Startup file can't help because mod_perl executes it after apache read
> configuration.
> And <Perl> section seems not ready yet. After I added the following into
> httpd.conf:
>
> <Perl>
> Use AxKit;
> </Perl>
>
> Httpd returned "<Perl> directive missing closing '>'"

Ah, Philippe than hasn't finished working on it yet. Philippe?

I've started looking at the new configuration customization, in october
Doug has renamed the overloaded LoadModule with PerlLoadModule.

If you are still having problems using PerlLoadModule, any chance you
can send me offlist a short package that I can reproduce the problem with?

Re: AxKit porting troubles (continued)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Yuriy, I've completed the custom directives doc, let me know if you have any
questions after reading it. There are just a few bits missing.
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/custom.html#top