Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/11/14 15:10:20 UTC

Re: Apache MetaModel bylaws draft published

The definitions in our by-laws are incorrect. This is a product of the
fact that Apache Kafka's bylaws are also incorrect.

Specifically, lazy consensus is "silence is consent", and definitely
not "3 +1 votes".

Fortunately, Apache Hadoop's bylaws seem to have the correct
definitions here. So I would suggest we update ours.

I would also suggest that we at least have a vote on this (either the
modification, or the official adoption of this document by the
project) in accordance with our own bylaws. :)

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Apache MetaModel bylaws draft published

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Bylaws are not needed, but as somebody who grew another project
without them, I can tell you that I wish we had them from the start.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Apache MetaModel bylaws draft published

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.