Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 21:36:24 UTC

hive.ppd.remove.duplicatefilters description is incorrect. What is the correct one?

I noticed that conf/hive-default.xml.template has the following description

  <property>
    <name>hive.ppd.remove.duplicatefilters</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>Whether to push predicates down into storage handlers.
Ignored when hive.optimize.ppd is false.</description>
  </property>

Most probably the description was taken from "hive.optimize.ppd.storage"

So, what is the correct description for "hive.ppd.remove.duplicatefilters"?

Re: hive.ppd.remove.duplicatefilters description is incorrect. What is the correct one?

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Ping.  (Should we open a JIRA issue for this?)

-- Lefty

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Good catch, Alexander!