Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Travis CI <bu...@travis-ci.com> on 2022/12/14 12:34:25 UTC

[CRON] Broken: apache/druid#40689 (master - 58a3acc)

Build Update for apache/druid
-------------------------------------

Build: #40689

Duration: 1 hr, 18 mins, and 48 secs
Commit: 58a3acc (master)
Author: Kashif Faraz
Message: Add InputStats to track bytes processed by a task (#13520)

This commit adds a new class `InputStats` to track the total bytes processed by a task.
The field `processedBytes` is published in task reports along with other row stats.

Major changes:
- Add class `InputStats` to track processed bytes
- Add method `InputSourceReader.read(InputStats)` to read input rows while counting bytes.
> Since we need to count the bytes, we could not just have a wrapper around `InputSourceReader` or `InputEntityReader` (the way `CountableInputSourceReader` does) because the `InputSourceReader` only deals with `InputRow`s and the byte information is already lost.
- Classic batch: Use the new `InputSourceReader.read(inputStats)` in `AbstractBatchIndexTask`
- Streaming: Increment `processedBytes` in `StreamChunkParser`. This does not use the new `InputSourceReader.read(inputStats)` method.
- Extend `InputStats` with `RowIngestionMeters` so that bytes can be exposed in task reports

Other changes:
- Update tests to verify the value of `processedBytes`
- Rename `MutableRowIngestionMeters` to `SimpleRowIngestionMeters` and remove duplicate class
- Replace `CacheTestSegmentCacheManager` with `NoopSegmentCacheManager`
- Refactor `KafkaIndexTaskTest` and `KinesisIndexTaskTest`

View the changeset: https://github.com/apache/druid/compare/7682b0b6b185e4879ba202b0b777fa655e3d4f59...58a3acc2c4c5d5d22098e15f7ff25d6e9baa8541

View the full build log and details: https://app.travis-ci.com/github/apache/druid/builds/258843733?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=email