Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bob <b....@gmail.com> on 2015/04/06 11:52:46 UTC

How to profile JMeter with VisualVM

Hi,

I was writing Beanshell scripts in JMeter and wanted to know how that
scripts works. How I can profile my JMX and .bsh scripts with VisualVM?
Thanks!

RE: How to profile JMeter with VisualVM

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Hi Bob,

You have to insert some JMX into ur server if this is a linux tomcat server based then u should implement some lines in startup.sh file:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1100
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=myserver.example.com

Fill out ur server details... then u should go to ur VisualVM and then fill out the relevant details. :)

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob,

> Hi,
>
> I was writing Beanshell scripts in JMeter and wanted to know how that scripts works. How I can profile my JMX and .bsh scripts with VisualVM? Thanks!

I’m not sure that I understand what you are asking for. That said, VisualVM profilers will profile any Java application. You won’t be able to profile the bean shell directly.

Can you explain what you mean by JMX scripts?

Ok, I see some more explanations in a follow on email. If you want to understand memory consumption, I’d turn on GC logging. <shameful commercial plug alert>You can analyze the GC logs for all kinds of metrics including live set size using Censum (www.jclarity.com).</shameful commercial plug alert>.

Again, a little more information would be helpful.

Kind regards,
Kirk Pepperdine

Re: How to profile JMeter with VisualVM

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
Well, I want to be sure that Beanshell scripts I wrote won't consume too
much memory during load testing. So I was planning to run JMX with
Beanshell scripts with 1-10 users and to measure RAM/CPU consumption.
Note, I don't want to monitor target back-end server but servers from
where JMeter instances launched.

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erez,