Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2007/03/07 11:32:57 UTC

[Java] [maven] Snapshot repositories

Do we need the snapshot repositories on our poms? Maven takes a long
time to check for updates of various modules that I didn't think we
were using. e.g.
org.apache.maven.archiva:archiva:1.0-SNAPSHOT
org.apache.maven.archiva:archiva-utils:1.0-SNAPSHOT

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [Java] [maven] Snapshot repositories

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
Seems like codehaus mojo are already on the case with the
retrotranslator plugin. A concrete release should be coming out soon.

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
> > On a related note:  if you can get rid of the snapshot repositories, then
> > JDK 1.6 should start working.

How bizarre.

Re: [Java] [maven] Snapshot repositories

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 07/03/07, Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 05:56, Rupert Smith wrote:
> > Another question is, what snapshots need to be resolved in order to do
> > a release? Is it only dependancies that form part of the distribution,
> > or do all maven plugin snapshots need to be resolved too?
>
> All plugins that are part of the build.
>
> > At the moment we need a snapshot of the retrotranslator plugin, as no
> > concrete version has been released. I've also used the assembly
> > 2.2-SNAPSHOT plugin in the perftest module, but I'm pretty sure I can
> > achieve what I wanted to with 2.1 concrete version plugin instead.
> >
> > Will ask on the codehaus mojo list if a concrete release of
> > retrotranslator plugin can be made.
>
> On a related note:  if you can get rid of the snapshot repositories, then
> JDK 1.6 should start working.
>
> Dan
>

> > Rupert
> >
> > On 3/7/07, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Do we need the snapshot repositories on our poms? Maven takes a long
> > > time to check for updates of various modules that I didn't think we
> > > were using. e.g.
> > > org.apache.maven.archiva:archiva:1.0-SNAPSHOT
> > > org.apache.maven.archiva:archiva-utils:1.0-SNAPSHOT
> > >
> > > --
> > > Martin Ritchie
>
> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer
> IONA
> P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
> daniel.kulp@iona.com
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

So can the people that added the snapshot repository references
confirm the need to have them. I shall try testing the poms with out
the references when I get a spare cycle or two.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [Java] [maven] Snapshot repositories

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
Its the retrotranslator plugin I'm waiting on. The author should be
releasing it soon, I think I've bugged him quite enough!

Releases to maven central repo, generally have to come from one of
their original authors.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [Java] [maven] Snapshot repositories

Posted by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@iona.com>.
Yeah, you should be able to do that... not sure if you would want to
though! :-)   Just replace SNAPSHOT with the timestamp/build number.

Version for the latest snapshot: 1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT
Version for a specifc timestamped build: 1.0-incubating-M2-20070108.143040-1

Cheers,
Jon

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.