Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2011/11/16 20:53:38 UTC

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Hi

I am one of the mentors for NPanday. We did not provide a report this
month. We apologize for this.

Like Stefan I cannot seem to find the handy reminder e-mail that usually
comes on the first day of the reporting month. Neither in my inbox nor
the dev-list archive.

Do you want us to report next month instead?

On 2011-11-16 11:57, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> This time were 7 reports missed (leaving out S4):
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
>> Amber
>> HISE
>> Kalumet
>> Lucene.NET
>> NPanday
>> Zeta Components
>
>> Stonehenge
>> SHOULD BE RETIRED.
>
> I am a Mentor of Zeta. This time I have not had the time to push the
> report. A pity, nobody else felt responsible. I have asked at the
> developers list about the activity of the podling.
>
> Can we hear from the mentors of the other projects what is going on in
> their podlings?
> A mentors response is what we should get when report is missed by default.
>
> In addition I think we should notify Stonehenge about retiring them
> and afterward start a vote here finally.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers
> Christian

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi...

   Having automated e-mails sent as reminders is a good thing and handy
too. But, IMHO, even with having this in hand mentors *should* be following
up with their mentored projects just in case something went wrong with the
automation scripts like what happened this time, also to follow up with the
reporting schedule and see if their mentored projects should report on a
specific month or not and whether the schedule is correct or not.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> >
> > Like Stefan I cannot seem to find the handy reminder e-mail that usually
> > comes on the first day of the reporting month. Neither in my inbox nor
> > the dev-list archive.
>
> As explained here early this month, the automated reminder
> failed because there was an extra board meeting this month
> which tricked the marvin script.
>
> Each project needs to care for their entry in the
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
> and be aware of their own reporting month.
>
> -David

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Actually I checked and could not find a reminder for Zeta dev too.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am one of the mentors for NPanday. We did not provide a report this
> month. We apologize for this.
>
> Like Stefan I cannot seem to find the handy reminder e-mail that usually
> comes on the first day of the reporting month. Neither in my inbox nor
> the dev-list archive.
>
> Do you want us to report next month instead?
>

> On 2011-11-16 11:57, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> This time were 7 reports missed (leaving out S4):
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
>>> Amber
>>> HISE
>>> Kalumet
>>> Lucene.NET

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> For now on, Marvin which sends the reminder Emails to the PMCs
> will also send reminders to all the PPMCs (via their *-dev@ lists)
> as well as the summary to IPMC.
>
> It's crucial the that
> 	http://incubator.apache.org/report_due_[123].txt
> page be up to date and correct since Marvin still pulls the
> "needs to report" as well as "email address" from that
> location.

Thanks to Upayavira for starting it and Jim for integrating
it to big Marvin.

Those files are generated by Clutch.
It reads the ReportingSchedule [1] wiki, then verifies that their
dev list is operational. If not, then they are listed with the
default general@ address.

So another plea to podlings to keep their entry in [1]
up-to-date.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

-David

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am one of the mentors for NPanday. We did not provide a report this
> month. We apologize for this.
>
> Like Stefan I cannot seem to find the handy reminder e-mail that usually
> comes on the first day of the reporting month. Neither in my inbox nor
> the dev-list archive.
>
> Do you want us to report next month instead?
>

> On 2011-11-16 11:57, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> This time were 7 reports missed (leaving out S4):
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
>>> Amber
>>> HISE
>>> Kalumet
>>> Lucene.NET

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

On 2011-11-16 21:53, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> ...I am one of the mentors for NPanday. We did not provide a report this
> month. We apologize for this...

> Do you want us to report next month instead?

I'd say yes, report at the next opportunity.

...If so, I guess I'll need to update this wiki page right?

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

I don't think so, just go back to your normal schedule after the shifted
report.

-Bertrand

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-16 21:53, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am one of the mentors for NPanday. We did not provide a report this
> month. We apologize for this.
>
> Like Stefan I cannot seem to find the handy reminder e-mail that usually
> comes on the first day of the reporting month. Neither in my inbox nor
> the dev-list archive.
>
> Do you want us to report next month instead?

I never got an answer to this. Anyone?

If so, I guess I'll need to update this wiki page right?

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

> On 2011-11-16 11:57, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> This time were 7 reports missed (leaving out S4):
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
>>> Amber
>>> HISE
>>> Kalumet
>>> Lucene.NET
>>> NPanday
>>> Zeta Components
>>
>>> Stonehenge
>>> SHOULD BE RETIRED.
>>
>> I am a Mentor of Zeta. This time I have not had the time to push the
>> report. A pity, nobody else felt responsible. I have asked at the
>> developers list about the activity of the podling.
>>
>> Can we hear from the mentors of the other projects what is going on in
>> their podlings?
>> A mentors response is what we should get when report is missed by default.
>>
>> In addition I think we should notify Stonehenge about retiring them
>> and afterward start a vote here finally.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Christian

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Missing reports (was: Re: Incubator Board Report November 2011)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
For now on, Marvin which sends the reminder Emails to the PMCs
will also send reminders to all the PPMCs (via their *-dev@ lists)
as well as the summary to IPMC.

It's crucial the that
	http://incubator.apache.org/report_due_[123].txt
page be up to date and correct since Marvin still pulls the
"needs to report" as well as "email address" from that
location.

On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am one of the mentors for NPanday. We did not provide a report this
> month. We apologize for this.
>
> Like Stefan I cannot seem to find the handy reminder e-mail that usually
> comes on the first day of the reporting month. Neither in my inbox nor
> the dev-list archive.
>
> Do you want us to report next month instead?
>

> On 2011-11-16 11:57, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> This time were 7 reports missed (leaving out S4):
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
>>> Amber
>>> HISE
>>> Kalumet