Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 14:05:26 UTC

XMPP authentication

Trying to get XMPP to work. Can connect but am told "Invalid username or
password".

I don't currently have any authentication set up except the system / manager
set that AMQ ships with for JMX purposes. Stomp connections require no
username/password.

Right now all we want to do is see it "working". I tried adding <plugins>
with: <simpleAuthenticationPlugin> <users> <authenticationUser username=
"system" password="manager" groups="users,admins"/> <authenticationUser
username="user" password="password" groups="users"/> <authenticationUser
username="guest" password="password" groups="guests"/>
</users></simpleAuthenticationPlugin> as per the security
documentation but that
locked everything out including system/manager and guest/password.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Re: XMPP authentication

Posted by John Fletcher <fl...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately the information in the doco page about security in
insufficient to get security going in 5.5.0, at least with
simpleAuthenticationPlugin. So what does one need to do? I don't know, but I
can confirm that following the steps in the doco doesn't work and that the
enable anonymous access option doesn't work either, as you discovered. See
also this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3395, not sure if
it's relevant to you.
Regards,
John

Re: XMPP authentication

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is smack we were initially using.

The connection itself appears to come up. The authentication however does
fail and merely following the "basic auth plugin" documentation on the AMQ
site did not work at all for us, other than to disable all our anonymous
stomp clients despite anonymous access being allowed.

We have unfortunately given up testing mostly because we do not believe the
functionality we wished to test will suffice for our purposes.

James

Re: XMPP authentication

Posted by Stan Lewis <sl...@fusesource.com>.