Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mlrx <ml...@18informatique.com> on 2018/02/06 01:01:54 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Probably small problem with SSL config

Hello,

Le 06/02/2018 à 01:02, Jeff Cauhape a écrit :
> I’m setting up an Apache server 2.4.25 in our DMZ for the first time,
>
> and having an issue with getting SSL configured correctly.
>
> I am using links text based browser to connect from a second machine
> […]
>
> </VirtualHost>
Is the directive "LogLevel" used with "debug" or more ?
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/core.html#loglevel

The virtualhost can be included in "IfModule ssl_module" :
<IfModule ssl_module>
   <VirtualHost *:443>
   </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Does it work without SSL ?

> I’m loading modules ssl_module, authn_dbm_module among others.
>
> The ssl directory is  755, root/root and the crt and key files are
> daemon/root 644.
chown -Rfv apache_user:apache_group /srv/www/html/your_site/ (?)

>  […]
>
> Ideas? Suggestions where to look?
httpd -S ?
Reload httpd daemon evry time you change somethings ?
Firewall ?

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Cauhape

benoist

Re: [users@httpd] Probably small problem with SSL config

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
I would agree that you should start by turning on logging.
Do you get a slightly different error if you use a different browser?
Firefox usually gives more detail than Internet Explorer.

Better not to use <IfModule > in configuration you write yourself unless
you need it for a specific reason. If you use it, then you won't know that
the reason your system doesn't work is that the module is not loaded. If
you don't include <IfModule> and the module is not loaded, HTTPD will give
you an error when it starts up and you will know you need to fix it.
This is particularly bad when an access control directive is in <IfModule >
because it often results in all content becoming accessible to anyone if a
module is missing.

- Y

Sent from a device with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.

On Feb 5, 2018 8:02 PM, "mlrx" <ml...@18informatique.com> wrote:

Hello,

Le 06/02/2018 à 01:02, Jeff Cauhape a écrit :

> I’m setting up an Apache server 2.4.25 in our DMZ for the first time,
>
> and having an issue with getting SSL configured correctly.
>
> I am using links text based browser to connect from a second machine
> […]
>
> </VirtualHost>

Is the directive "LogLevel" used with "debug" or more ?
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/core.html#loglevel

The virtualhost can be included in "IfModule ssl_module" :
<IfModule ssl_module>
  <VirtualHost *:443>
  </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Does it work without SSL ?

I’m loading modules ssl_module, authn_dbm_module among others.

> The ssl directory is  755, root/root and the crt and key files are
> daemon/root 644.

chown -Rfv apache_user:apache_group /srv/www/html/your_site/ (?)

 […]

> Ideas? Suggestions where to look?

httpd -S ?
Reload httpd daemon evry time you change somethings ?
Firewall ?

Thanks,

> Jeff Cauhape

benoist