Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Chris McCabe <Ch...@choicehotels.com> on 2001/11/15 22:47:10 UTC

Xalan 2.2 Memory Usage

Does anyone have any data on memory usage for Xalan 2.2 compared to 2.1?

We have found that 2.2 is consuming a great deal more memory than 2.1,
to a point that it brings our server to its knees.  Xalan 2.1 runs fine
and under a moderate load we are consuming a total of around 150-200 Meg
of memory.  Using Xalan 2.2 under the exact same conditions uses over
800 Meg, which is about how much RAM we have on the server, so when it
gets up to that point the server starts swapping so bad that it
virtually stops running.

Is there anything anyone can share with respect to this?  Like known
bugs, or just verification that 2.2 does use significantly more memory.

The actual versions tested are 2.1.0 vs. 2.2D10

Thanks,
Chris