Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ali Naddaf <al...@naddaf.org> on 2009/04/23 16:15:33 UTC

File Install and execution environment

Hello everyone.

I recently needed to use the File Install bundle/service in my OSGi
framework but since I was running in a CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1
environment, the existing File Install couldn't run, so I made a couple
of minor changes to that bundle to get it to work. Is there any value if
I open a Jira for enhancement and attach a patch to that  effect?

Thanks,
Ali.

Re: File Install and execution environment

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 23.04.2009, at 16:22, Filippo Diotalevi wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Ali Naddaf <al...@naddaf.org> wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>> I recently needed to use the File Install bundle/service in my OSGi
>> framework but since I was running in a CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1
>> environment,
>> the existing File Install couldn't run, so I made a couple of minor
>> changes
>> to that bundle to get it to work. Is there any value if I open a
>> Jira for
>> enhancement and attach a patch to that  effect?
>
> I use FI only in Java SE/EE applications, but if modifications aren't
> big and preserve the bundle functionalities they are more than
> welcome.
> One question though (as an absolute CDC newbie): provided that we
> obtain CDC compatibility, is there any test when can run later to make
> sure we don't break this compatibility?

Hi,

Generally I just compile against Foundation, it give you a good idea.
In Eclipse, just remove the JRE library to use only the foundation
profile 1.1, or set your project execution environment to foundation
profile 1.1.

For iPOJO, I execute my tests on Mika...

Clement

Posted by Filippo Diotalevi <fi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ali Naddaf <al...@naddaf.org>.
Just created Felix-1055 and added my changes (one line) there.
Regards,
Ali.

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
For sure,