Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/01/24 10:29:04 UTC

Apache Tomcat 10 and Jakarta EE 9 - an update

Hi all,

There has been a fair amount of progress made both towards a Tomcat 10
release and Jakarta EE 9 since my State of the Cat talk at ApacheCon EU
in October. For those of you that haven't seen it is is on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgO6R9o5Tw

In order to update the Tomcat community there will be a webinar next
week on Thursday 30th at 14.00 UTC. Joining details are below.

The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube afterwards. Links
will be posted once that is done.

Topics planned to be covered include:

- The Tomcat 10 release plan
- Scope for Jakarta EE 9
- Schedule for Jakarta EE 9
- Progress towards Tomcat 10
- Progress towards Jakarta EE 9 (APIs, spec docs, TCKs)

Hope to see you there.

Mark

===== Webinar Joining Details =====

Topic: Apache Tomcat 10 and Jakarta EE 9
Time: Jan 30, 2020 14:00 London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://pivotal.zoom.us/j/124753263

Meeting ID: 124 753 263

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,124753263# US (San Jose)
+16468769923,,124753263# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        877 853 5257 US Toll-free
        855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 124 753 263
Find your local number: https://pivotal.zoom.us/u/ajUQ3fLCY

Join by SIP
124753263@zoomcrc.com

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
103.122.166.55 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
207.226.132.110 (Japan)
Meeting ID: 124 753 263

Join by Skype for Business
https://pivotal.zoom.us/skype/124753263

Re: Apache Tomcat 10 and Jakarta EE 9 - an update

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 30/01/2020 14:32, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     There has been a fair amount of progress made both towards a Tomcat 10
>     release and Jakarta EE 9 since my State of the Cat talk at ApacheCon EU
>     in October. For those of you that haven't seen it is is on YouTube:
>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgO6R9o5Tw
>
>     In order to update the Tomcat community there will be a webinar next
>     week on Thursday 30th at 14.00 UTC. Joining details are below.
>
>     The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube afterwards. Links
>     will be posted once that is done.
>

> Thanks for the presentation ! I think it's important to have it in YT
> since we may not get any other state of the cat this year.

ACK.

I messed up the recording so I'm going to need to re-record it. At least
that way I get to fix the errors and hopefully avoid the coughing :)

I'll try and get this done tomorrow.

Mark

Re: Apache Tomcat 10 and Jakarta EE 9 - an update

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There has been a fair amount of progress made both towards a Tomcat 10
> release and Jakarta EE 9 since my State of the Cat talk at ApacheCon EU
> in October. For those of you that haven't seen it is is on YouTube:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgO6R9o5Tw
>
> In order to update the Tomcat community there will be a webinar next
> week on Thursday 30th at 14.00 UTC. Joining details are below.
>
> The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube afterwards. Links
> will be posted once that is done.

Thanks for the presentation ! I think it's important to have it in YT since
we may not get any other state of the cat this year.

Rémy

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/01/2020 10:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There has been a fair amount of progress made both towards a Tomcat 10
> release and Jakarta EE 9 since my State of the Cat talk at ApacheCon EU
> in October. For those of you that haven't seen it is is on YouTube:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgO6R9o5Tw
>
> In order to update the Tomcat community there will be a webinar next
> week on Thursday 30th at 14.00 UTC. Joining details are below.
>
> The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube afterwards. Links
> will be posted once that is done.

As promised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwj0XG-4Nos

Mark