Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@deliasystems.com> on 2005/01/13 13:51:51 UTC

[commons-transaction] Transactional queue

Is there any planned transactional wrapper around lists, queues
or EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.Channel ?

Cheers,
Guillaume

Re: [commons-transaction] Transactional queue

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK nothing like that scheduled. I was wondering how would this look
like for something ordered like a list?

What would happen if transaction a added a an enttry at position 0 and
transaction b another one at position 1? Would this even be allowed in
parallel? How would the resulting list look like?

There is no such problem for maps as they are not ordered and have
keys as unique identifiers.

Oliver