Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/04 04:27:03 UTC

jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.0.5 I18N-Capable Formatting Tags Example Demo

I don't think it is working right.  I installed the standard-examples.war into Tomcat 4.1.30.  I then went to

http://localhost:8080/standard-examples and I18N & Formatting Tags and then chose the first entry:

Demo

I executed this and the table came up:

KEY VALUE
greetingMorning ???greetingMorning???
greetingEvening ???greetingEvening???
currentTime ???currentTime???
serverInfo ???serverInfo???
undefinedKey ???undefinedKey???

That does not look right to me.  I expected to see something like:

KEY VALUE
greetingMorning Good Morning
greetingEvening Good Evening
currentTime currentTime
serverInfo Tomcat 4.1.30
undefinedKey ???undefinedKey???

instead.  The german one gives this selecting Set application-based locale from above:

KEY VALUE
greetingMorning Guten Morgen!
greetingEvening Guten Abend!
currentTime Heutiges Datum und Uhrzeit: 03.03.04 22:23
serverInfo Name/Version des Servlet Containers: {0}, Java Version: {1}
undefinedKey ???undefinedKey???

which is much better.  But the English one doesn't work.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Also the other languages only seem to partially work.  Here's the Italian output:

KEY VALUE
greetingMorning Buon giorno!
greetingEvening ???greetingEvening???
currentTime ???currentTime???