Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/09 17:36:34 UTC

static method to get a component?

Hi,
I need to hit the database from outside of cocoon, but within the same
webapp.  I would like to share the same datasource.  My first thought
was to follow this example:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/datasources.html
which is to implement the Composable interface.  However, I'm not sure
how to do this because I'll need a static hook somewhere to get my
object.  Does anyone have any pointers for doing this?
Thanks,
Ben

Re: static method to get a component?

Posted by Irv Salisbury <ir...@gmail.com>.
If you want to share datasources, why not use a jndi type datasource
like those in jboss, tomcat, etc?  Then you can simply do a jndi
lookup?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.