Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ic...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/09 07:17:11 UTC

Best way to use Lucene from perl

I am extremely impressed with Lucene and would like to thank Naveen
and Otis for your kind help.

I am not really a Java person, I am a perl and C++ guy and my website
is done with mod_perl.

So, my obvious question is what perl implementation of lucene access
you would recommend.

It would seem that PLucene is an abandoned project, and I should
instead use Lucene module.

Am I on the right track with this?

Do people implement a Lucene server that they query from apache
mod_perl scripts, or do they instead just use Lucene access from many
webserver processes running in parallel?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Best way to use Lucene from perl

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
CLucene is a complete port of Java Lucene to C++, and it has a Perl
bindings, although I'm not sure how up to date it is - you'll have to
check with its author. CLucene development branch currently supports the
Lucene 2.3.2 API and index format.

See http://clucene.sourceforge.net/ for more details. To learn more on
Lucene and for a good intro on CLucene, see
http://www.code972.com/blog/2010/06/lucene-in-action-free-chapter-coupon-code/.

Itamar.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.