Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Wilfredo Sanchez <ws...@apple.com> on 1998/08/10 20:30:46 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_config.c http_core.chttp_protocol.c

| I tend to agree with the need for run-time configuration as well.  Now
| that we have dynamic loading modules I think it's really in our interest
| to cease making compile-time configuration directives except for things
| related to extreme performance (i.e. disabling features/whatever).

  For what it's worth, telling Apple customers to recompile their server to configure something would result in my getting beat up with a stick, and is the main reason I got working on adding DSO
support for Mac OS X Server, and why I have to turn on almost all features in the version Apache we ship.

	-Fred