Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kr...@telenor.com on 2007/05/16 10:27:51 UTC

Using jetty, struts2 with minimal spring and struts2 XML configuration for TDD (AJAX)

I am trying to:
1. Instantiate jetty from code (easy)
2. pre-instantiate proper controller class (with mock data and without
spring) (easy)
3. Setup a minimal hard-coded struts action that will invoke the
controller instance and render the jsp. I am trying to do it inside
jetty but all I need is sufficient context to have struts2 and jsp
rendering.

I want to invoke: localhost:8080/test.action from some kind of test
framework (selenium, httpunit or similar)  and check the response
according to parameters set in controller. Possibly I would want to
re-run with different settings in the controller.

The controller/jsp combination is an AJAX  handler, so there is a very
compelling case for unit-testing the actual response.
Furthermore I have multiple such actions so I would really enjoy It if I
could do it all in code ( no xml). If so I could probably make it a part
of the unit test hierarchy.

Anyone have suggestions or code for this?

Kristian