Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2011/04/10 22:44:45 UTC

River-300 | Modular Build

Sorry, I've made no attempt to debug this *at all*, but if I get a
couple "It works on my machine"s I'll assume the problem is my end.

Given that we want to make the download and build process as easy as
possible, I've just checked out all of skunk/modules.  Installed
Gradle 1.0 Milestone 2 and ran the commands:

$ cd ~/workspace/River_River300
$ gradle build

As per instructions here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-300.  Obviously,
"River_River300" is the root of where I checked out the branch.

I then get a bunch of happy messages, but then some compiler errors,
starting with river-platform/src/main/java/net/jini/core/discovery/LookupLocator.java:38:
complaining that it can't find
net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery.

I can debug these errors as well as the next fella, I'm just
wondering, are those commands supposed to work straight out of the box
or did I miss a step?

Cheers,

Tom

Re: River-300 | Modular Build

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the help.  I didnt download anything besides doing an SVN
checkout and installing Gradle.  it would seem I didn't read much of the
documentation either.  ;-)

I'll get back to it this evening (UK time) and have another go.

Cheers,

Tom

On 10 Apr 2011 22:39, "Dennis Reedy" <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2011, at 444PM, Tom Hobbs wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I've made no attempt to debug this *at all*, but if I get a
>> couple "It works on my machine"s I'll assume the problem is my end.
>>
>> Given that we want to make the download and build process as easy as
>> possible, I've just checked out all of skunk/modules. Installed
>> Gradle 1.0 Milestone 2 and ran the commands:
>>
>> $ cd ~/workspace/River_River300
>> $ gradle build
>>
>> As per instructions here
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-300. Obviously,
>> "River_River300" is the root of where I checked out the branch.
>>
>> I then get a bunch of happy messages, but then some compiler errors,
>> starting with
river-platform/src/main/java/net/jini/core/discovery/LookupLocator.java:38:
>> complaining that it can't find
>> net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery.
>>
>> I can debug these errors as well as the next fella, I'm just
>> wondering, are those commands supposed to work straight out of the box
>> or did I miss a step?
>
> Should work right out of the box (just downloaded the
apache-river-gradle.zip and ran okay for me). Did you download
apache-river-gradle.zip referenced on the issue?

> The compiler error you do see is because LookupLocator has a reference to
LookupLocatorDiscovery (@see LookupLocatorDiscovery), and
LookupLocatorDiscovery is not in the platform (jsk-platform.jar). We either
move net.jini.discovery.LookupLocatorDiscovery into the platform or remove
the javadoc reference.

Re: River-300 | Modular Build

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.