Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Maring, Steven" <St...@gentiva.com> on 2010/02/25 14:29:03 UTC

problem attaching non-archived files with maven-assembly-plugin

I am trying to deploy plain-text files (specifically, a WSDL and XSD) as
part of a project with pom packaging.  I would like other developers to
be able to directly reference the WSDL as deployed in our local Nexus
repository.   I have no difficulty deploying these with the "zip"
format.  However, the "dir" format always seems to result in something
like:

[WARNING] Assembly file:
C:\workspace\webservice-java-example\contract\target\contract-1.0.0-0000
-SNAPSHOT-webservice-java-example-contracts is not a regular file (it
may be a directory). It cannot be attached to the project build for
installation or deployment.

If I am interpreting the assembly plugin documentation properly, it
would seem to suggest that this is possible.

Here is what I have been doing ...

<plugin>

      <version>2.2-beta-5</version>

      <configuration>

            <descriptors>

<descriptor>src/main/assembly/contracts.xml</descriptor>

            </descriptors>

      </configuration>

      <executions>

            <execution>

                  <phase>package</phase>

                  <goals>

                        <goal>single</goal>

                  </goals>

            </execution>

      </executions>

</plugin>

<assembly>

      <id>webservice-java-example-contracts</id>

      <formats>

            <format>dir</format>

      </formats>

      <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>

      <fileSets>

            <fileSet>

                  <includes>

                        <include>example.xsd</include>

                        <include>example.wsdl</include>

                  </includes>

                  <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>

            </fileSet>

      </fileSets>

</assembly>

-Steve Maring

Tampa, FL

Re: problem attaching non-archived files with maven-assembly-plugin

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Steven,

Maring, Steven wrote at Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2010 14:29:

> I am trying to deploy plain-text files (specifically, a WSDL and XSD) as
> part of a project with pom packaging.  I would like other developers to
> be able to directly reference the WSDL as deployed in our local Nexus
> repository.

[snip]

Use the attach-artifact goal of the build-helper plugin:

=============== %< =================
<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>xml-schema</id>
      <goals>
        <goal>attach-artifact</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
        <artifacts>
          <artifact>
            <file>src/main/xsd/my.xsd</file>
            <type>xsd</type>
          </artifact>
        </artifacts>
      </configuration>
    </execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

It shares the GAV of the pom. The nice thing is, you can now address it as
dep of type "xsd" and you have on top a direct URL where it is accessible in
the Maven repo.

- Jörg