Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Peter Kingsbury <pk...@andorrobotics.com> on 2008/03/11 14:46:49 UTC

SpamAssassin GUI

Hello,

Since installing SpamAssassin on my company's Exchange server, I wanted
to make kludging  through potential spam/ham messages faster than using
the slow remote desktop interface that is in place.

I wrote a program which allows an admin to quickly scan SA-filtered
messages, and move them to the Learn-Ham or Learn-Spam directories with
single keystrokes. I have found the program quite useful, and want to
share it (source and application) with whomever is interested.

I coded the application in VB.NET using MS's free Visual Studio.NET
Express 2008, so I guess it could be ported to other OS's that use Mono
too. Not sure if it would be totally useful in that environment, but as
I strongly believe in open source software, I want to contribute where I
can.

If you're interested, please drop me a line at
pkingsbury@andorrobotics.com

Best regards,

- Peter

Re: SpamAssassin GUI

Posted by Randy Ramsdell <rr...@livedatagroup.com>.
Peter Kingsbury wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since installing SpamAssassin on my company’s Exchange server, I
> wanted to make kludging through potential spam/ham messages faster
> than using the slow remote desktop interface that is in place.
>
> I wrote a program which allows an admin to quickly scan SA-filtered
> messages, and move them to the Learn-Ham or Learn-Spam directories
> with single keystrokes. I have found the program quite useful, and
> want to share it (source and application) with whomever is interested.
>
> I coded the application in VB.NET using MS’s free Visual Studio.NET
> Express 2008, so I guess it could be ported to other OS’s that use
> Mono too. Not sure if it would be totally useful in that environment,
> but as I strongly believe in open source software, I want to
> contribute where I can.
>
> If you’re interested, please drop me a line at
> pkingsbury@andorrobotics.com <ma...@andorrobotics.com>
>
> Best regards,
>
> - Peter

Sincerely, thank you for this effort.

If you want to support OSS then why code it in a patent encumbered
language. I actually don't know what licenses the software uses, but I
do know that I would never ask my company to use it simply based on the
fact that I wouldn't want some patent issues creeping in.

Randy Ramsdell

Re: SpamAssassin GUI

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.

Why not start a project at sourceforge.net or freshmeat e.g.?