Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/12 17:27:52 UTC

Protect a collection to be deleted

Hi,

Is it possible in Solr protect a collection to be deleted through a
property?

Regards

-----
Best regards

/Yago

Re: Protect a collection to be deleted

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com>.
From what I remember, you can set a custom permission for a specific user to be able to delete a collection, or not allow anyone to delete a specific collection.

Check out the “user defined permissions” section here: https://lucidworks.com/2015/08/17/securing-solr-basic-auth-permission-rules/ <https://lucidworks.com/2015/08/17/securing-solr-basic-auth-permission-rules/>

-Anshum

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
That can work, but the goal it’s to avoid human error (like the UI that enforce you to type de name of the collection on delete) independently of the access level.

Regards

--

/Yago Riveiro

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@apple.com>.
You might want to explore Rule based authorization in Solr and stop non-admin users from deleting collections etc. Here’s the link to the documentation: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/rule-based-authorization-plugin.html <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/rule-based-authorization-plugin.html>

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn for address the question to Jira.

Indeed I want to continue to insert data in the collection.

I found that delete a collection by mistake using the API it’s to easy and prone to human error.

Yago Riveiro

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.