Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shanmu <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/26 08:40:00 UTC

Error when deployin JAx-Ws web service in geronimo 2.1.4

Hi,

I am using geronimo 2.1.4 with JRE 1.5. Have got an requirement of
converting an eJB to web service.

We used @web service annotation and converted the EJB to webservice.

As mentioned in the link
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/developing-a-jax-ws-ejb-stateless-session-bean-web-service.html

But now when deploying the EAR during run time it throws an error WSGEN -
WSDL generation failed unable to locate tools jar.

We have set JRE_HOME pointing to the JRE 1.5 installation. NO java_HOME set.

such as JRE_HOME=d:\jre1.5. The error I get is d:\lib\tools.jar missing.

As a work around I put tools jar and created a folder lib in D drive, the
deployment was succesful, and we were able to hook up to the service.

Based on my analysis it looks like for geronimo wsgen tool requires JRE_HOME
to be set to JRE of JDK installation.

Say for instance if JDK is installed in d:\jdk it is expecting the JRE_HOME
to be set as

JRE_HOME=D:\jdk\jre

so when wsgen tool is executed during deployment time it goes to the
previous directory (i.e. d:\jdk\lib) and refers to the tools jar.

Is this a bug (or) is it a pre-requisite that for geronimo JAx-WS engine to
work properly we need to set JRE_HOMe pointing to the jre that is installed
as part of the JDK.

Is the work around the right way of doing it.

I  also tried specifying the wsdl location to avoid WDL generation but got
an error ERROR [startup] Unable to read wsdl file , and found this to be a
bug in 2.1.x.

http://www.nabble.com/Resolving-wsdlLocation-with-jax-ws-catalog.xml-td20955744s134.html

Best Regards
Shanmu