Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Toriacht <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/25 19:54:17 UTC

log4j setup

Hi,

I am trying to setup log4j, If I explicitly set up the file appender in my
code it appear to work fine, but when using the log4j.properties file i get
errors and no logging occurs(error pasted below). I am developing in Eclipse
and I have log4j jar in my build path, in Java EE module dependencies, in
WEB-INF/lib folder and in Tomcat lib folder.

i call the logger in my code like so:
static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(BuildMessage.class);
logger.info("constructor");

My properties file is in my src folder and is like this:
### file appender
log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.maxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.file.maxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.file.File=testxxx
log4j.appender.file.threshold=info
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L -
%m%n

The error is this:
(org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator).

Thanks for reading,
All help appreciated..
Tori

Re: log4j setup

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
try to use the log4j.properties file comes with the axis2 distribution.

thanks,
Amila.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Toriacht <sh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup log4j, If I explicitly set up the file appender in my
> code it appear to work fine, but when using the log4j.properties file i get
> errors and no logging occurs(error pasted below). I am developing in
> Eclipse
> and I have log4j jar in my build path, in Java EE module dependencies, in
> WEB-INF/lib folder and in Tomcat lib folder.
>
> i call the logger in my code like so:
> static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(BuildMessage.class);
> logger.info("constructor");
>
> My properties file is in my src folder and is like this:
> ### file appender
> log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.file.maxFileSize=100KB
> log4j.appender.file.maxBackupIndex=5
> log4j.appender.file.File=testxxx
> log4j.appender.file.threshold=info
> log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L -
> %m%n
>

> The error is this:
> (org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator).
>
> Thanks for reading,
> All help appreciated..
> Tori

Amila Suriarachchi