Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Wilde, Donald" <dw...@sandia.gov> on 2005/10/18 22:27:52 UTC

writing Excel

Apache 1.3.33 mod_perl 1.29 embperl 1.3.6_2

I have been stumped by this, but I don't know enough about what using
Embperl through mod_perl might do to me. I also asked on PerlMonks and
nobody knew.

I am using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to write a file from a page. I can
create the workbook file, open a new sheet in it, and close it, and
everything works fine. I can open the file and see that my sheet is in
there with its custom name.

When I try to write any data to the sheet, even a blank, it dies with
'file or directory not found!' error. I have also added set_tempdir().
All of this works fine if I spawn a new program and pass it the data to
be written.

Any ideas will be welcomed. Thank you!

Don Wilde

hanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky