Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2005/07/19 21:36:52 UTC

bin/nutch issue - on Mac OS X

I'm getting "expr: syntax error" when running all bin/nutch
commands.  It comes from this line:

     if expr match `uname` 'CYGWIN*' > /dev/null; then

should this be modified to be this instead:

     if expr `uname` : 'CYGWIN*' > /dev/null; then

That works for me, but I'm not running Cygwin.  For those running
Cygwin, could you try this change to see if it works for you and let
me know?

Thanks,
     Erik

Re: bin/nutch issue - on Mac OS X

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Tested on cygwin and on linux box. :" based syntax is used ealier in
nutch script too. Commited.
Thanks
Piotr

RE: bin/nutch issue - on Mac OS X