Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by mlimotte <ms...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 22:36:58 UTC

Re: How to set System property for my job

I think what you want is the section "Task Execution & Environment" in
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html .  Here is a
sample from that document:

<property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>
     -Xmx512M -Djava.library.path=/home/mycompany/lib -verbose:gc
-Xloggc:/tmp/@taskid@.gc
  </value>
</property>

-Marc