Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> on 2013/01/11 08:59:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.10.0 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
Hive version 0.10.0.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
  data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)

* Query execution via MapReduce

For Hive release details and downloads, please
visit:http://hive.apache.org/releases.html

Hive 0.10.0 Release Notes are available
here:https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12320745&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

More than 350 jira issues are fixed in this release. We would like to
thank many contributors who made this release possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.10.0 Released

Posted by Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>.
Congratulations on the release! Can't wait to try it out.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.10.0 Released

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Travis Crawford <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1, thank you!

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.10.0 Released

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
Great work everyone!

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@hortonworks.com>.
Congratulations!