Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Simon Harrison <in...@simonh.uk> on 2022/01/11 19:14:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Calling htdbm from another server

Good evening. Does anyone know a standard / recommended way of calling
htdbm between servers? To be clearer:

1. A user is deleted on server 1
2. Access needs to be revoked on server 2 for that user

I'd like to be able to run

# htdbm -x /usr/local/apache2/var/users.db someuser

and

# htdbm -bt /usr/local/apache2/var/users.db someone pword

in a simple way if possible.

Maybe someone has a cgi script I could use / adapt?

Thanks,

Simon

--
Web: https://simonh.uk
Email: mail@simonh.uk

Re: [users@httpd] Calling htdbm from another server

Posted by William Edwards <we...@cyberfusion.nl>.
Simon Harrison schreef op 2022-01-11 20:14:
> Good evening. Does anyone know a standard / recommended way of calling
> htdbm between servers? To be clearer:
>
> 1. A user is deleted on server 1
> 2. Access needs to be revoked on server 2 for that user
>
> I'd like to be able to run
>
> # htdbm -x /usr/local/apache2/var/users.db someuser
>
> and
>
> # htdbm -bt /usr/local/apache2/var/users.db someone pword
>
> in a simple way if possible.
>
> Maybe someone has a cgi script I could use / adapt?

I think RPC would be one of the neatest ways to solve this. But it's not
exactly the lowest effort option.

--
With kind regards,

William Edwards

Re: [users@httpd] Calling htdbm from another server

Posted by Simon Harrison <in...@simonh.uk>.
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:27:35 +0100
"Gillis J. de Nijs" <gi...@jink.net.INVALID> wrote:

> I'd probably consider using SQL/LDAP or a shared filesystem for this.
> Would that work?  Alternatively, you could rsync between the servers,
> depending on how fast you want the updates to happen.

I've been looking into this some more and I think the easiest way if
can execute htdbm without requiring a password over ssh.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll bear it in mind.

Simon

Posted by "Gillis J. de Nijs" <gi...@jink.net.INVALID>.