Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Curious Pandora <p4...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/05 10:26:54 UTC

In place upgrade CentOS 7 to UBUNTU KVM clusters

Hello,

We are planning to replace our CentOS 7 hosts with latest Ubuntu LTS server
and we want to keep all existing keys, hostnames, ips e.t.c

When testing with one host we get the following message which is expected:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't add host: repl1 with hostOS:
Ubuntu into a cluster,in which there are CentOS hosts added

Any ideas how to proceed from here ?

Thanks,

Re: In place upgrade CentOS 7 to UBUNTU KVM clusters

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Send emails to users@ - this is where you will get more attention/help.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 at 12:27, Curious Pandora <p4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are planning to replace our CentOS 7 hosts with latest Ubuntu LTS server
> and we want to keep all existing keys, hostnames, ips e.t.c
>
> When testing with one host we get the following message which is expected:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't add host: repl1 with hostOS:
> Ubuntu into a cluster,in which there are CentOS hosts added
>
> Any ideas how to proceed from here ?

Andrija Panić