Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by jiajun chen <cj...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 11:55:21 UTC

run hbase using specified username/password

Can I run hbase using specified username/[password] ,how ?

login by user dev1 and start RS failed :

11/11/22 18:49:49 ERROR regionserver.HRegionServer: Failed init
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=dev1, access=WRITE, inode=".logs":uu:supergroup:rwxr-xr-x

Should I chmod the folder by command:
bin/hadoop fs -chmod 777 /hbase/.logs

Re: run hbase using specified username/password

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
It will run as the current user you are logged in with (the old
permissions system was pretty broken). If you really really want to
run with different users, set dfs.permissions to false, but I would
recommend just using the same user to start/stop hbase,

J-D