Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Maxime Levesque <ma...@mail.mcgill.ca> on 2005/04/20 23:44:49 UTC

usnig m own IBatisNet.DataMapper.SessionContainer.ISessionContainer

Is there a config param for telling iBatis to use an other factory than :

  IBatisNet.DataMapper.SessionContainer.SessionContainerFactory ?

I want to control the transaction boundaries from a .net remoting entry
point,

(every db operation within a remote call is within a same transaction).

If the remoting is pooling threads, the WindowSessionContainer would

Give me connections from previous remote calls. That is not a problem in
itself

Since all calls will end with a rollback or commit, but I would like to
fetch the connections

Lazily (or not grab one at all for remote calls that don't touch the DB).

Re: usnig m own IBatisNet.DataMapper.SessionContainer.ISessionContainer

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
There's no config param for telling iBatis to use an other factory .
A better name for SessionContainer is SessionHolder.
For Windows/Console application, the session is kept on the thread,
for web application it's kept on Request.Items.