Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/22 11:26:02 UTC

Webapps src moved?!

Hi all,
What was the reason to move the src dirs of the web applications into
one webapps/src dir?!
This breaks structure and is very confusing, IMHO. Each webapp should
have it's own sources, that should be clearly separated. If - for
non-redundancy reason - we need classes in two or more webapps we
should make a webapps common src dir.
Proposal:
- Leave webapp sources at /webapps/src but in different sub folders:
   /webapps/src/examples
   /webapps/src/tiles
   /webapps/src/wap
   and so on
- Package structure should stay the same:
   /webapps/src/examples/org/apache/myfaces/examples
   /webapps/src/tiles/org/apache/myfaces/tiles
   /webapps/src/wap/org/apache/myfaces/wap
   and so on
- One common webapp sources dir
   /webapps/src/common/org/apache/myfaces/common

-MG

Re: Webapps src moved?!

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
That's ok.  Just be sure to change the build.xml. There is an argument
for where the web source is (if you look at the tiles one you will see
what I mean.)

sean

Re: Webapps src moved?!

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.