Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by piyush <co...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/13 11:16:44 UTC

Forcing indexes on heap

How can we configure Ignite to force indexes on heap (for performance) as
well as on disk(for reliability)
Also when JVM process crash and restarted again can we fill on heap storage
with indexes again from disk ?

Re: Forcing indexes on heap

Posted by piyush <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mikael.

Re: Forcing indexes on heap

Posted by Mikael <mi...@telia.com>.
With native persistence turned on data and index will be saved on disk,
and with native persistence enabled it will be reloaded on startup when
needed, but if you use some 3rd party persistence you may have some
hickups if you try to use it together with native persistence (normally
index is not on heap, it's stored of heap, but that is usually better).