Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by mjovanov <mi...@jpmchase.com> on 2008/06/18 18:48:59 UTC

Tomahawk + Trinidad Setup?

In our app we are using MyFaces 1.2.3 + Tomahawk (1.1.6) + Facelets (1.1.14).

I would like to try using some Trinidad components with this setup: is this
possible? Can someone please tell me whether such approach is feasible; I
mean, is it pretty easy to integrate both Tomahawk and Trinidad or is it
more trouble than it’s worth?

Also, if someone can point me to same documentation about how to configure
Tomahawk and Trinidad together I would greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Mihajlo

Re: Tomahawk + Trinidad Setup?

Posted by Michael Meierhoff <Mi...@WebtopProject.de>.
It is not a problem to use both together. I use this constellation with
success in my own OpenSource project WebtopProject.

It gives some problems, when you use tomahawk components in tr:table or
tr:treeTable. The tomahawk id's are set to example
tableId:0:tomahawkComponentId for all tomahawk component's in the table.
Maybe it gives another hints between both component libs. But then you
can decide if you you one or another component from trinidad or tomahawk.

the only what you have to do is to add
"<default-render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core</default-render-kit-id>"
to faces-config.xml in application section.

In the web.xml i add:

  <!-- ************************ Trinidad Config
**************************** -->
  <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHANGE_PERSISTENCE</param-name>
    <param-value>session</param-value>
  </context-param>
    <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ENABLE_LIGHTWEIGHT_DIALOGS</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-value>
  </context-param>
    <context-param>
    <!-- Maximum memory per request (in bytes) -->
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.UPLOAD_MAX_MEMORY</param-name>
    <!-- Use 500K -->
    <param-value>512000</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <!-- Maximum disk space per request (in bytes) -->

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.UPLOAD_MAX_DISK_SPACE</param-name>
    <!-- Use 5,000K -->
    <param-value>5120000</param-value>
  </context-param>
  <context-param>
    <!-- directory to store temporary files -->
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.UPLOAD_TEMP_DIR</param-name>
    <!-- Use a TrinidadUploads subdirectory of /tmp -->
    <param-value>/tmp</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>
    <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
  </filter-mapping>

FacesServlet is the facletServlet mapping

Therewith you can use trinidad without greater problems

Best regards

Michael Meierhoff