Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/03/22 01:27:13 UTC

committing to 0.13.0 (trunk)

Clearly we have a long backlog of patches for 0.13.0.  At last count
it was 18.

I run a large suite of benchmarks every night on trunk and I'm
concerned that if we apply them all at once, we won't be able to
identify individual patches if/when problems arise.

Are committers willing to spread out commits of these patches over 2
days?

If so, here's a proposed schedule:

Thursday 22 (these all apply given this order):
   702
   1135
   1101
   1071
   1116
   1120
   1064
   1063
   1137

Friday 23
   the rest that will apply

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Nige

Re: committing to 0.13.0 (trunk)

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
> I can make the release now, unless Tom's already working on it.

Please go ahead!

Thanks,
Tom

Re: committing to 0.13.0 (trunk)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Nigel Daley wrote:
> So, I think we're ready to release 0.12.2 as soon as HADOOP-1150
> (streaming fix) is committed.  Can this happen today?

I can make the release now, unless Tom's already working on it.

Doug

Re: committing to 0.13.0 (trunk)

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
So, I think we're ready to release 0.12.2 as soon as HADOOP-1150
(streaming fix) is committed.  Can this happen today?

Once that's done we can start committing 0.13.0 fixes.  Since 702 is
not yet ready, I'd suggest we get our unit testing in order with
these fixes (they won't all apply cleanly) and then I can turn the
patch process back on.

1047
1063
1153