Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com> on 2018/08/23 21:14:04 UTC

[Proposal] Beam Mascot

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in launching a community contest to design a mascot for
Apache Beam. I'd like to get input from the PMC on how this should be
pursued (people at the foundation who need to be involved, permissions
needed, etc.), could you advice?

Here's a point-by-point description of the contest as I envision it:

   - Send call for participation with a few guidelines (around brand for
   Beam)
   - Open the contest submissions for 2 weeks
   - Send proposed designs to the mailing list for votes
   - Open votes to select the winner for 72h
   - The design that wins will be announced at the Beam Summit and the
   creator will get a symbolic prize as well as recognition at the Summit

Re: [Proposal] Beam Mascot

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com>.
Very well, I'll kick this off!

Re: [Proposal] Beam Mascot

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.

Re: [Proposal] Beam Mascot

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
This sounds great to me. Let's get us some wonderful Beam mascot : D