Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/06 00:21:19 UTC

Some issues with the decoding process

  Hi guys,

today, we faced some bad issue that probably existed from day one : when
the server has to deal with a huge message, the MessageContainer is
reinitialized and this lead to a protocol_error.

The reason is that every time a block of bytes arrives, we create a new
container to store the message, even if those bytes does not contain the
full message.

That's really wrong, and I fixed it, but this has a negative impact : we
can't anymore control the PDU size, because we don't have access to the
DirectoryService from the container.

But it's getting even worse : the message container should be associated
with the session, instead of being associated with the decoder. I see no
valid reason why this is not the case, and I will try to change that.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com