Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/03 23:18:59 UTC

LRO vs IXGBE 10G NIC drivers...KVM problem

Hi team,

I'm wondering if anyone experienced similar issue with 10G intel
NICs/driver/Ubuntu 14.04 stock kernel:

2 x 10G Intel NIC,--> LACP bond -->, vlans--> bridges with vlan interface
as member...
(Ixgbe driver 4.0.3, latest, from Intel website, compiled withOUT LRO
support - since LRO breaks routing/bridging etc...), Ubuntu 14.04.02 with
stock kernel 3.16.0-37

Still, if I dont explicitely turn off LRO via  "ethtool -K eth2/eth3 lro
off ", I can not download anything from VM, that is behind the VR... VM can
ping internetl through VR, but no TCP traffic works (i.e. downlaod ISO or
similar). VR can normally download file (for whatever reason)...

"ethtool -S eth2 | grep lro" should return nothing, if the driver was
compiled withOUT  LRO support - and it's true in my case...although from
"ethtool -k eth2" it shows that LRO is enabled...

THx for any feedback...
--

Andrija Panić

Re: LRO vs IXGBE 10G NIC drivers...KVM problem

Posted by Rafael Fonseca <rs...@gmail.com>.
I hadn't noticed there was a new one out :)
Although it's a new major, structure seems similar, no need to adjust sed..
give it a shot ;)

Rafael

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ragael,