Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2015/12/03 18:46:02 UTC

Adopting Swiz

Hi,

As I mentioned in the "Adopting AS3Commons" discussion, the Software Grant
process is not always required to accept a code base under the Apache
License.

Over two years ago, we voted to accept the "donation" of the Swiz
framework.  The donation was never completed because the donor never
completed the Software Grant process, probably because it was too
difficult to track down every past contributor and get their signature.

The same sort of email we will be sending to the past AS3Commons
contributors if we vote to adopt AS3Commons I am planning to send to the
past Swiz contributors and see if we can take in the Swiz code if we get
positive responses from the major contributors and no objections.

But I wanted to let everyone here know first in case there are objections.

Thoughts?
-Alex

Re: Adopting Swiz

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
+1

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

RE: Adopting Swiz

Posted by Margo Powell <ma...@msn.com>.
Me too!+1

Re: Adopting Swiz

Posted by Dev LFM <de...@gmail.com>.
I love swiz +1!

Re: Adopting Swiz

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Concerns like these were also brought up in the discuss and vote in
May/June 2013.  We could run another discuss and vote.  I noticed in the
prior vote that more than one non-binding vote was cast by folks who are
either now committers and/or PMC members.  And it could be that the few
folks who did speak up on this thread might be motivated to help us get
builds and tests working by offering patches.

-Alex

Re: Adopting Swiz

RE: Adopting Swiz

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.