Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com> on 2009/08/05 15:49:14 UTC

Deployment of classified jar fails to add timestamp

Hello,
I have the following use case:
 1. artifact is packaging jar
 2. jar plugin is configured to add classifier
 3. install plugin is forced to version 2.3 because of known issue with
 installing POMs and attached artifacts MINSTALL-41
 4. use custom built 2.5 version of deploy plugin because of MDEPLOY-78
 5. pom gets deployed with timestamp
 6. artifact with classifier gets deployed with no timestamp (ie. only
 SNAPSHOT)
 7. dependent projects fail getting the artifact

Issue is "fixed" (ie. irrelevant) if uniqueVersion is false on target
deployment repository.

I could not find a similar issue on jira. WDYT ? Shall I file one ? Am I
missing something ?

Thanks in advance
--
Arnaud Bailly -- OQube
<software engineering>

Re: Deployment of classified jar fails to add timestamp

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
I am getting back from vacations and seeing this question did not
attract much answer, so this is just to kick it alive.

Again, is this normal ('expected') behavior or something that should be
fixed ? In the latter case, shall I file a bug in jira ?

REgards,
--
Arnaud Bailly -- OQube
<software engineering>