Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com> on 2008/07/29 12:14:05 UTC

cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz schrieb:
> Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Reinhard Pötz schrieb:
>>>
>>> Because of the remote Daisy access, you need administration rights
>>> in order to get access. I've just assigned the 'Administrator' role
>>> to you Felix.
>>>
>> Much thanks Reinhard.
>> Does changing the role also resets the password? I can't login anymore:
>>
>> Authentication failed for login "felixk" (unknown login, wrong
>> password or unconfirmed registration).
>
> Shouldn't be the case :-(
>
> Could you contact me via Skype to sort out this problem. Thanks.
I'm online

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz schrieb:

> Because of the remote Daisy access, you need administration rights in
> order to get access. I've just assigned the 'Administrator' role to
> you Felix.

Much thanks Reinhard.
Does changing the role also resets the password? I can't login anymore:

Authentication failed for login "felixk" (unknown login, wrong password
or unconfirmed registration).

Felix

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Felix Knecht schrieb:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>>> At least I'll be able then to build the site locally as I need the
>>> daisy-user password which is deposited on the server and maybe
>>> giving you a helping hand.
>>
>> For building site locally you just need a username and password that
>> you use for logging in to Daisy so you could build it even now.

It seems that I'm not a daisy administrator (you need to be to build the
docs locally....):
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] A problem occurred while serializing the document returned from
the publisher.
Error setting active roles: user "felixk" does not have this role: "1".

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>> At least I'll be able then to build the site locally as I need the
>> daisy-user password which is deposited on the server and maybe giving
>> you a helping hand.
>
> For building site locally you just need a username and password that
> you use for logging in to Daisy so you could build it even now.

That's good to know, I'm gonna try it as soon as I find some time.

Thanks
Felix

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Felix Knecht pisze:
> So it would be very gentle if I could get some more karma :-)

I guess we need ask Bertrand for that. Still it's nothing really difficult. :-)

Bertrand are you following these discussion?

--
Grzegorz

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
>> Of course - I fell the more important the more karma I have ;-)
>
> It's for me as well ;-)

Ahhh I feel good I'm not the only one :-)

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Felix Knecht pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>> I can take care of that.
>>
> Thanks :-)
>
>> Anyway, would like to get this karma? (I'm not really sure if I can
>> give it to you, though)
>
> Of course - I fell the more important the more karma I have ;-)

It's for me as well ;-)

> To be honest I'm not aware of the policies on c.z.a.o and I don't know
> how often I'll really need it. I just tried to update some docs and
> after half an hour the server wasn't reachable any more. I hope it
> wasn't because of me ...

I don't think so. It looks like whole zone has been restarted or something like that.

> So if you think it could be helpful to have somebody more having karma
> I'm happy to get it but ATM I don't think that I do have a strong need for.

It's not about a need but more about having more helpful hands. :-)

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:

> I can take care of that.

Done.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Felix Knecht pisze:
> Felix Knecht schrieb:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>>>
>>> Usually it's enough to just restart the repository and wiki instance.
>>> Sometimes the order of running services /seems/ to be not correct.
>>>
>> Thanks Grzegorz. How can I do this ?
>
> According to http://cocoon.apache.org/1223_1_1.html I probably need to
> login to c.z.a.o to be able to restart daisy, but I don't have enough
> karma to do so :-(
> Can some with enough karma please restart daisy?

I can take care of that.

Anyway, would like to get this karma? (I'm not really sure if I can give it to you, though)

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: cocoon.zones.apache.org down?