Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Luta, Raphael (VUN)" <Ra...@groupvu.Com> on 2002/10/16 15:00:48 UTC

RE: Portlet Configuration in jetspeed1.4b--Configuration file not found

To complete a bit...

Portlet configuration:
======================
The Portlet configuration has moved from /WEB-INF/conf/jetspeed-config.jcfg
/WEB-CONF/conf/*.xreg

All the xreg files within the conf directory are read by Jetspeed to gather
portlet
registry information. The syntax differences between the *.jcfg and *.xreg
are minimal.

I'd advise you to define you personal portlet entries in a
local-portlets.xreg file
so that if you upgrade your jetspeed installation you'll just have to copy
this file
over to your new installation.

If you run the OCSDaemon to collect OCS syndication feeds, you'll notice
that it automatically
creates a new xreg file per feed, called feed_<feedname>.xreg

The xreg files are also used to define control, controllers and skins
entries that were
essentially hardcoded in Jetspeed 1.3a1.

PSML
====
PSML files can still be found at /WEB-INF/psml/ but organized per user.

Hope this helps,