Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/30 00:10:46 UTC

cassandra 2.0.6 refuses to start

 hey all..

love using the cassandra database.  however I've just installed 2.0.6 onto
a new host running CentOS 6.5 and when I try to run ./bin/cassandra -f
(from within the cassandra directory) I see this weird error I've never
seen before

./bin/cassandra: line 146: exec: : not found

What the heck??? exec is a pretty basica comand you find on all unix
systems or so I thought!

 Really confused here.. can anyone offer some help me get cassandra up and
running on this host?

Thanks,

Tim

--
GPG me!!

Re: cassandra 2.0.6 refuses to start

Posted by Marcin Cabaj <ma...@datasift.com>.
Strange,

could you paste here output of:

$ grep -n exec ./bin/cassandra

Posted by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
Is SELinux enabled?

Re: cassandra 2.0.6 refuses to start

Posted by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com>.

> Have you tried to run it as another user, not root?

Yep! With no change in result. I get the exact same error message running
as a non-privileged user.

Thanks
Tim

Posted by Marcin Cabaj <ma...@datasift.com>.