Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Albert Kurucz <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 16:13:54 UTC

Maven Central Compliance

Hi,

I have a project with builds with Maven.
My goal is to see my project on Central.

There is a nice guide at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
which tells me the requirements.

Is there any Report plugin out there, which would check all the
requirements for Central?
If there is no such Report plugin, where is the actual script which
handles the verifications and handles the uploads. I cannot believe
projects are checked manually.

I have another problem, "Guide to uploading artifacts to the Central
Repository" does not specify requirements for multi-module Maven
projects.

Many of the project's POM configurations are inherited by the modules
of the project.
It is unspecified by this guide, whether the modules POMs also need to
specify those settings explicitly or not, in case the developers'
intention is to release those on Central.

I have made this questions also to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4362

Thanks,
Al

Re: Maven Central Compliance

Posted by Albert Kurucz <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Brian,
I am sure eventually the person who does this validations will get
tired of this manual labor, and  starts writing scripts instead (or a
nexus plugin). If you know the whereabouts of this script, what is
just being written, please send me a link to source file (I am hoping
it will be available in an open repo, am I wrong?).
I believe once this validation script will be written, somebody will
convert it to some kind of a Report plugin to validate early.
Albert

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Hi Albert,